Prep is learning for now, and for the future. Our program includes inquiry, play, directed teaching and exploring the things that are most important to a four-year-old.
Play based learning is so important! It grows social skills, resilience and a rich vocabulary and curiosity about our world. Our Prep days are varied and flexible, allowing our children to learn at their own pace and in many different ways. The curriculum draws from the Early Years Learning Framework and includes the Macquarie University InitiaLit Early Literacy Program.
A day in Prep looks like this:
- Outside play – climbing, water and sand play, exploring, gardening
- Inside play – blocks, role playing, craft, puzzles, literacy and numeracy games
- Books, news, stories, library learning and borrowing
- Group time – belonging, sharing, wondering, listening
- Art – free time, creative minds
- Music – songs, making music and self-expression